the journey of an artist

the journey of an artist

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Art Life ... Creative Block

Most of the time, there are too many ideas floating around in my head and not enough time to paint them all. However, that infamous "creative block" occasionally bonks me on the head and all the ideas seem to fall out. This is what happened a couple of days ago.


Creative block happens to all artists from time to time. I think it is just the brain's way of resting. After all, finding something new to paint every few days can be a challenge. Van Gogh created over 1600 paintings and drawings in ten years, and look what happened to him! So, I have been taking a mini-vacation. Getting caught up on the gardening, reading eye-candy magazines, and taking a day trip to visit Tarpon Springs.

Tarpon Springs, Florida is a marvelous place to visit. The downtown is full of antique stores, which are my favorite places to find interesting objects from the art deco and 1950's eras. This week, we headed for the sponge docks of Tarpon Springs to do some Florida-style sightseeing, see the sponge diving boats, and eat authentic Greek food.

I'm ready to go back to the easel now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing what others think about my work.