Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Art Life ... The Silver Bowl


It began with a silver bowl.

One day several years ago, I was in the kitchen cooking when I happened to look down into the bowl of eggs. The silver sides of the bowl reflected both the eggs and the colors of the room, twisting them into intriguing shapes. So, I turned the bowl a bit, and the shapes morphed into another design. I was mesmerized.


oil on panel
6 inches by 6 inches
SOLD


I moved the bowl across the room, from the counter top to the kitchen table, and there was another painting to create.

oil on panel
6 inches by 6 inches
SOLD

Since then, I have put all kinds of things into that bowl. That humble bowl sent me on an investigation of reflections within all kinds of metal items, and then into painting the qualities of glass objects.

No, I don't remember what I was actually cooking that day I noticed the eggs in the silver bowl. I don't think we ever got around to eating those particular eggs. However, I do remember the reflections. Such is a day in an artist's life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing what others think about my work.