3/20/09

The Sunken Gardens

Recently, I had the pleasure of a visit from my high school friend Nancy from Massachusetts. So, we took her to one of my favorite Florida spots, the St. Petersburg Sunken Gardens.

The Sunken Gardens is a lush four acres of exotic tropical plants and wildlife from around the world. In 1902, a plumber named George Turner drained a shallow lake on his property and uncovered a sinkhole as deep as 15 feet below street level. So, he planted a garden! Talk about turning lemons into lemonade.

Of course, I took lots of photos. I think some paintings may come out of this trip.

This picture is Nancy and my husband Al walking down one of the many garden paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing what you think about my work.