the journey of an artist

the journey of an artist

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Art Life ... Inventory




Why is it that when we set out to straighten up something, we must first create a mess?

The studio is controlled chaos this week. A couple dozen of my older paintings were taken out of storage to be inventoried and photographed with the newest digital technology. So, the canvases, many of them three or four feet high, are stacked against the walls in several rooms.

What a delight to open the boxes! It was like visiting with old friends as I ripped apart box after box of paintings done in the 1990's. (Oooh! Aaah!) Back then, I worked in a hard edged representational style, which I still really enjoy looking at.

These works are flat and tonal, with colors often very close in value. So, they are hard to reproduce accurately online. However, I thought you might like to see a sample of this group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing what others think about my work.