Friday, June 3, 2011

The Art Life ... Take A Deep Breath

The last few months have been very busy with all the activities that are part of running an art business. Some days, the work on the easel has to be put aside again and again, for the needs of a customer or an item on the growing "to do" list. The hours, the days pass too quickly.


As it happens to everyone occasionally, life threw me a curve ball this week. My husband had some nasty dental surgery done. Well, you know what those first few days of recovery can be like. Thankfully, Al is feeling more like himself today, and I find myself taking a deep breath.

Time is passing slowly this afternoon, like an old black and white movie a bit out of focus. It is the first day in many weeks that I have been able to just sit and watch the sun come in my lanai window. The business "to do" list, the housework, the gardening will all have to wait. Right now, I am busy just breathing.

Some artists are inspired in a great burst of energy. I am not one of them. I am inspired in quiet. It is only in the still moments that I can truly envision what I want to put on canvas.

This week has reminded me to slow down and take more time to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing what others think about my work.