11/3/12

The Storm

At 9:30 on Monday night, in the midst of hurricane Sandy's attack on the east coast, a gentleman bought my painting "Coffee At The Diner" over the internet. It was not until the next day, when making out the shipping forms, that I became aware that he was in New York City, having had made his purchase while Sandy wailed outside his window. 

Image the optimism it takes to buy art while surrounded by the biggest storm of the century! To stand strong, without fear, and do something so life affirming while facing a crisis. This is a lesson for us all.

Tonight, as I type this, there is a television fund raiser for the many victims of Sandy. I urge everyone to donate to the Red Cross or the disaster relief organization of your choice. Let us all stand strong and do something life affirming for our fellow Americans.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing what you think about my work.